The education industry is in the midst of digital transformation. From virtual campuses to AR and equipping every student with an endpoint device - IT teams can find themselves constantly struggling to find resources for new technology integrations, maintenance and end-user support. For educational institutions, transitioning to proactive IT can reduce costs, improve IT’s reputation and elevate IT above the “mad scramble to stay on top of daily demands” inherent to reactive, or break/fix IT. You never know how often you’ll “break” and need to call in a “fix.” Also, what if you don’t have sufficient funds set aside to cover multiple emergencies?
Some educational organizations hesitate to transition from reactive IT because they believe it will be too expensive. To avoid this pitfall, make a transition plan. Start with a cost/benefit analysis. It's likely that savings in licensing and labor, legacy equipment maintenance and other costs will more than justify the transition.
Reduce the Need for Reactivity
Technology providers continue to enhance professional-grade PCs so that IT can me more proactive:
- Windows 10 Pro devices feature Windows Analytics, which provides insights into the health and efficiency of your Windows environment using telemetry and diagnostics information. You can streamline and accelerate your Windows upgrades with powerful data-driven insights and recommendations.
- Intel® Active Management Technology enables you to remotely access a PC to discover, activate, monitor, protect and manage it independently.
- The facial recognition capabilities of Windows Hello work seamlessly with the face, eye- and gaze-tracking capabilities of ThinkPad Glance to prevent unauthorized access to endpoint devices.
- MobileIron® Enterprise Mobile Management not only secures provisioning and simplifies management of endpoint devices, it also decreases the total cost of PC ownership by up to 80%.
Get a Partner, Not a Replacement
To complement your current IT organization, identify efficiencies that allow technology service providers to also be IT service providers.
- Lenovo Premier Support features shorter waiting times, reduced repair times and higher first-time fix rates.
- Lenovo Online Data Backup (OLDB) securely stores data offsite; administrators don’t need to assign storage to users or manage user licenses.