Many employees are familiar with an older OS like Windows 7, and you may have concerns about migration issues, or still see utility in your existing devices. But from January 2020 Microsoft will no longer support Windows 7. That means no more security updates, hot-fixes, or any free or paid assisted support services.
If you’re not already, now is a good time to plan your transition to Windows 10, and it’s easier than you may think:
- Windows 10 will be intuitive for any users who are familiar with Windows 7 or 8
- Older devices can leave you vulnerable to data breaches, especially when they are no longer supported with security patches. A modern Windows 10 Pro device gives you end-to-end protection, at no extra cost
- Windows 10 is compatible with 99% of Windows 7 apps. And there are free tools available to help you manage the transition
- New devices with Windows 10 Pro unlock significant productivity benefits
The Most Security Protection, Built-In
Windows 10 Pro protects sensitive information like customer data, employee’s identities and product design IP. As well as your reputation and your brand. According to Cisco's 2017 Cybersecurity Report, 28% of manufacturing organizations reported a loss of revenue due to attacks. Protect your end point devices with these Windows 10 Pro features:
Windows Hello: sign in with your face or your fingerprint. Replace passwords with easy-to-use multifactor authentication
BitLocker: protects against loss of business information by encrypting data on your devices, even when a device is lost or stolen
Windows Information Protection*: control how employees use business data—blocking them from copying customer or financial data into social media apps, for example
Windows Defender Antivirus: built-in protection from malicious software and hacking attempts
Integrates Easily with your Existing Infrastructure and Apps
See how your current apps will work on Windows 10 at ReadyforWindows.com and use free resources like User State Migration Tool to migrate your users’ accounts, files & settings to a new Windows 10 installation. According to Forrester Research, IT administrators across a number of industries estimate a 15% improvement in IT management time** with Windows 10 Pro, because of features like:
- Windows Update: users choose when to apply OS updates, just like a smartphone. Their device can be kept up to date without interrupting them, which means less technical support requests for IT admins.
- Single sign in: employees can use a single login across Windows 10, Office 365, and other Microsoft PCs, tablets, and phones, using Azure Active Directory.
Get More Done
- Compared with a 5-year-old PC, a modern Windows 10 device is 65% faster at multi-tasking and laptop battery life is up to 3x longer***.
- Windows Ink lets employees capture and collaborate on ideas using a digital pen: take notes, edit Office documents, or brainstorm on the Microsoft Whiteboard app.
* Requires either Mobile Device Management (MDM) or System Center Configuration Manager to manage settings. ** Forrester, Total Economic Impact of Microsoft Windows 10 *** Multitasking measured by SEG562, an office productivity and multitasking workload. Battery life compares modern Win 10 devices vs Win 8.1 using local HD video playback