Lenovo's Security Policy
Lenovo believes that a 360° approach to security is essential. Focusing on just a few of the security elements will leave you exposed. If even one angle is not covered, there will be a security breach.
The consequences of a data breach can include data theft, regulatory fines, and loss of customer confidence. With the more stringent GDPR regulations in the European Union coming in May 2018 and other regulatory compliance requirements across the globe in effect, the repercussions of any data breach will be severe.
Organizations have a deep-seated need to protect their data, their resources, their assets, and their ongoing operations.
Best-in-class hardware security
Securely developed software
Complete component verification
Secure supply chain
New standards in adoption and extension of security technology
- Match on Chip Fingerprint Reader (MoC FPR): highest level security fingerprint technology on a PC; biometric credentials are stored on a separate chip, making it almost impossible to hack into.
- Intel® Authenticate: gives flexibility to create and deploy customized hardened multifactor authentication policies to enforce user identity protection for access to the corporate domain, network, and VPN; protects identity and secures data.
- A highly secure way of storing login information in tamper-proof cards.
- Can also be used to manage access to multiple devices without using passwords.
- Directly implements a two-factor authentication policy, ensuring that devices are averse to threats.
- Near Field Communication (NFC) is a type of radio communication standard, much like Bluetooth, WiFi, and other networking technologies.
- To snag the NFC signal to log in, the user needs to be physically close to the company’s PC, with the right NFC tag or secondary device.
- Without the tag, it is impossible to hack into a device.
- Camera hacking risks can be avoided by physically covering the camera.
- With the shutter built into the camera, protecting privacy just requires closing the camera shutter; no more worries about anyone eyeing the user.
- Full Drive Encryption (FDE) encrypts data on hard drives, without the use of third party encryption solutions.
- No initial setup or ‘enable encryption’ is required; in fact, it is not possible to disable encryption on an FDE hard drive.
- To completely protect data, a hard drive password prevents unauthorized booting and accessing data; full disk encryption prevents more sophisticated attacks.
- The hard drive passwords have no effect on the encryption key. The passwords can be changed without risking loss of data.
- Lenovo’s Online Data Backup (OLDB) is a simple, automatic and secure cloud backup solution for desktops, laptops and servers.
- Ensures your business-critical information is safe and secure (MIL-SPEC encryption).
- Requires no capital expenditure for hardware; low upfront investment with minimal maintenance overhead.
- Total Cost of Ownership savings is more than 30%1 relative to in-house backup solutions.
- Relative to tape-based approaches, OLDB is more efficient, less intensive for the operator, and less prone to human error.
- Allows backups to be set to run automatically, enabling greater employee compliance.
Based on internal Lenovo records
- Lenovo Hard Disk Drive Retention service offers hardware maintenance or maintenance upgrade coverage in an electronic format.
- If the internal hard disk drive (HDD) or internal solid state drive (SSD) fails during warranty, Hard Disk Drive Retention lets customers keep the old drive to retain sensitive data within the organization.
Pro SSD Integration with Intel® Remote Secure Erase from Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT): integrated platform capabilities and popular third-party management and security applications; allows IT or managed service providers to better discover, repair, and help protect their networked computing assets.
Lenovo devices powered by up to 8th Gen Intel® Core™ processors are enabled with Intel® Active Management Technology that allows IT pros to manage computers remotely and out-of-band. Lenovo and Intel’s partnership ensures that devices have simplified access management with robust security.
Lenovo builds devices with Persistence from Absolute embedded into the firmware.
This gives enterprises visibility they can act on: to protect every endpoint, remediate vulnerabilities, and ensure compliance in the face of insider and external threats.
Persistence from Absolute sets the new standard for endpoint visibility and control with self-healing endpoint security and always-connected IT asset management to protect devices, data, applications and users – on and off the network.
Lenovo Unified Workspace
Lenovo Unified Workspace enables organizations to securely deliver the right apps and content, to the right users – anytime, anywhere on any device. So your workforce can have the flexibility, policies and tools they need to be more creative, productive and collaborative.
Seamless Access: legacy Windows apps and private or public cloud apps all in one workspace for the user.
OS Agnostic: works the same on Windows 7 as it does on Android, iOS, Mac OS or Windows 10.
Smooth Experience: a consistent experience on corporate-issued machines or mobile/BYOD.
Easy Integration: available on-premises with your existing infrastructure or as a hosted solution managed by Lenovo.