In healthcare, web/video conferencing is widely used for its powerful communication and collaboration capabilities that lead to productivity improvements. For example, telemedicine allows doctors to see more patients without having to travel. Clinicians can collaborate with remote specialists to deliver better patient care. Medical institutions can efficiently expand the reach of medical training.
Ensure Devices are Ready and Reliable for Web Conferencing
Look for device features and accessories that make meetings engaging and productive:
- Dual array microphones allow you to be heard clearly.
- A noise cancellation feature included with many ThinkPad and ThinkCentre devices helps reduce background noise.
- For web conferencing requiring both camera and audio, look for devices with low-light-sensitive 720p or 1080p HD webcams (0.9MP or 2MP), to ensure visibility in a range of lighting environments.
- Some devices include a sliding cover over the webcam to address privacy concerns.
- When buying All-In-One devices, look for those that offer a range of tilt positions so that the built-in camera can be suitably positioned for the user.
- Accessories like headphones with a built-in microphone can have a dramatic impact on meeting productivity by improving sound quality and limiting noise in open environments.
Make the Meeting Room Experience Smarter Too
Look for end-user devices that are optimized for web conferencing and meeting room solutions that create a smarter experience.
Skype for Business—Skype meetings provide audio, video and web conferencing online with the ability to schedule or start a meeting at any time. Up to 250 people can join from practically any device.
ThinkSmart Hub 500—All-in-one, purpose-built Skype Room System powered by Windows 10 IoT. With audio and video connected, it's a one-button start for every time with . And the rotatable 360-degree display makes it easy for anyone in room to take control.
Intel®Unite™ —Any room becomes a modern manageable meeting space.