IT teams in media and entertainment organizations of all sizes feel pressure to make it easier for employees and clients to meet anywhere, any time. To share video, audio, games or animation with stakeholders and gather immediate feedback, web conferencing is now the norm for collaboration when participants aren't physically in the same place.
For creative services employees, web conferencing can be frustrating. A poor web conferencing experience can unfairly taint reviewers' initial impressions of the work. Although some of the meeting quality will depend on the bandwidth of each participant's connection, setting up your employees who host web conferences with the proper tools will increase the likelihood of a jitter and latency-free meeting.
Ensure Devices are Ready & Reliable for Web Conferencing
Look for device features and accessories that make web conferencing engaging and productive:
- Dual array microphones help clients and colleagues hear users clearly.
- A noise cancellation feature included with many ThinkPad and ThinkCentre devices helps reduce background noise.
- For web conferencing requiring both camera and audio, look for devices with low-light-sensitive 720p or 1080p HD webcams (0.9MP or 2MP) to ensure visibility in a range of lighting environments.
- Some devices include a sliding cover over the webcam to address privacy concerns.
- When buying All-In-One (AIO) devices, look for those that offer a range of tilt and pivot positions so that the built-in camera can be suitably positioned for the user.
- Accessories such as headphones with a built-in microphone can have a dramatic impact on meeting productivity by improving sound quality and limiting noise in open environments.
Make the Meeting Room Experience Smarter Too
Business-grade PCs can make media and entertainment conference rooms smarter too. Consider solutions such as:
Skype for Business—Skype meetings provide audio, video and web conferencing online with the ability to schedule or start a meeting at any time. Up to 250 people can join from practically any connected device.
ThinkSmart Hub 500—This AIO, purpose-built Skype Room System is powered by Windows 10 Pro. With audio and video connected, it's a one-button start every time. And the rotatable 360-degree display makes it easy for anyone in the room to take control.
Intel®Unite™ —Permanently attach a Lenovo ThinkCentre Tiny micro-desktop configured with Intel Unite to a meeting room display, and participants can instantly connect and project wirelessly, share files and collaborate without searching for the right cables, adaptors or dongles.