Public Sector teams of all sizes are feeling pressure to make it easier for employees to collaborate remotely and deepen engagement with constituents anywhere, any time. Web conferencing is becoming the norm for government employees in different locations to work together. How do you find the right tools for making meetings and sessions more productive, efficient and modern?
Ensure Devices are Optimized for Web Conferencing
Look for device features and accessories that make meetings engaging and productive:
- Dual array microphones help you hear everyone loud and clear as if they're right next to you.
- A noise cancellation feature included with many ThinkPad and ThinkCentre devices helps reduce background noise.
- For web conferencing requiring both camera and audio, look for devices with low-light-sensitive 720p or 1080p HD webcams (0.9MP or 2MP), to ensure visibility in a range of lighting environments.
- Some devices include a sliding cover over the webcam to address privacy concerns.
- When buying All-In-One devices, look for those that offer a range of tilt and pivot positions so that the built-in camera can be suitably positioned for the user.
- Accessories like headphones with a built-in microphone can have a dramatic impact on meeting productivity by improving sound quality and limiting noise in open environments.
Make the Meeting Experience Smarter Too
End-user devices are optimized for better meetings and meeting room solutions are smarter too. Consider solutions like:
Skype for Business—Skype meetings provide audio, video and web conferencing online with the ability to schedule or start a meeting at any time. Up to 250 people can join a meeting from practically any device.
ThinkSmart Hub—All-in-one, purpose-built Skype Room System powered by Windows 10 IoT. With audio and video connected, it's a one-button start for every meeting. Rotatable 360-degree display makes it easy for anyone in room to take control.