As the healthcare workforce becomes increasingly mobile, the proliferation of devices makes it harder for IT departments to maintain regulatory compliance and policy enforcement. As a result, "device management" becomes an even more critical pillar in your overall endpoint device strategy. As you evolve your device management framework, consider these new technologies to secure protected health information (PHI) while enabling clinicians to respond to patients faster.
Technologies to Optimize Modern Device Management
- Patching and policy enforcement - The increasing demand to support a wider range of devices challenges healthcare organizations to offer employees flexibility, while ensuring sensitive healthcare data is protected. Microsoft builds on market-leading client management to provide hybrid and standalone options. By combining System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) with Microsoft Intune, organizations have a comprehensive, cross-platform, user-centric solution to deploy applications and manage users’ devices. Choose a hybrid approach (SCCM + Intune) for large/complex environments or use standalone Intune for limited, but easier-to-manage instances.
- Remotely discover, repair and protect networked computing assets - Don't waste bandwidth of high-cost, onsite support technicians on issues that can be easily resolved remotely. Lenovo PCs with Intel Active Management Technology enables IT teams to remotely access PCs and manage them independently.
- Simplify PC lifecycle transitions - Managing PCs for maximum uptime during their lifespan and then coordinating disposal and transition is an ongoing challenge. Lenovo's Asset Recovery Services mitigate the environmental and data security risks associated with end-of-life asset disposal. Additionally, Intel Remote Secure Erase, available on some Lenovo PCs, enables IT administrators to remotely erase all data on a system, delete encryption keys in seconds and restore compromised devices.
- Enterprise application management - If you need to manage which applications are installed on your devices, MobileIron Apps@Work provides users a curated list of IT-approved apps via an enterprise app storefront for both tight security and an intuitive end-user experience.
- Containerization - this has emerged as a key solution to ensure that software is running reliably when moved into a different environment. MobileIron mobile application management capabilities on Lenovo devices give IT complete control over healthcare data while keeping personal data separate and private.
- Unified device management - Simplify the management of all the devices in your ecosystem with Windows 10 Pro Domain Join + Group Policy. IT staff can easily manage PCs, user accounts and groups, security policies, and get easy access to files and printers by pairing Windows 10 Pro with Windows Server.
- Secure WiFi - Endpoint devices need to be protected from malicious attacks over public WiFi networks. Lenovo Vantage, a free application available on most Lenovo PCs, provides real-time detection and analysis of threats near your PC and enables it to distinguish between trusted and risky networks.
As you modernize your environment, remember Lenovo devices with 8th Gen Intel vPro and Windows 10 Pro include built-in capabilities that maximize your device management options.