For media and entertainment companies with multiple locations, or a large number of employees working in the field or on location, providing reliable IT support can be complicated. But it is much easier to manage with the right tools.
5 Best Practices
- Simplify PC deployment. Rely on Lenovo services such as Advanced Deployment Services, which empowers users to setup and configure new devices while maintaining the integrity of your IT policies. The user launches a setup assistant wizard, answers a handful of easy questions, and in minutes the system is customized. Or First Boot Services, where we install your preferred software and drivers onto devices in our factory.
- Streamline endpoint device maintenance and patching. Intel® Active Management Technology enables remote out-of-band management to help you discover, repair and protect devices. Lenovo Vantage software guides users through PC setup, securing WiFi and updating software and drivers. Vantage also provides access to Lenovo Migration Assistant for seamless file and settings transfer from one PC to another.
- Implement cloud-based remote diagnostics and control. Take advantage of Windows 10 Pro mobile data management (MDM) features for diagnostics granularity and control. And Lenovo’s global partnership with MobileIron® provides enterprise mobile management (EMM) that secures provisioning and simplifies endpoint device management.
Secure the user, the device and your data:
- User Authentication: Lenovo Match on Chip Fingerprint Reader (MoC FPR) stores biometric credentials on a separate chip. Intel® Authenticate provides a deep layer of silicon-based protection, which is stronger than software-based protection.
- Device Security: with features such as Smart USB Protection which blocks data transfer capability; a camera shutter that protects user privacy; and a chassis lock that prevents component theft.
- Data Protection: Lenovo Online Data Backup (OLDB) automatically secures business-critical information in the cloud. Full Drive Encryption (FDE) encrypts all data on hard drives.
- Enable effective collaboration. Solutions such as Lenovo Unified Workspace enable secure remote access, app and desktop services delivery and integration with cloud storage and file shares. Endpoint devices also need to have strong WiFi, possibly 4G connectivity, and features such as high-quality microphones and cameras for conferencing.